Friday 16 August 2013

Best Tuna Sandwich Recipe For Diet

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.” ― Charles M. Schulz


WHO DOESN'T LOVE TUNA?

I am a huge fan of tuna. Don't care about the smell. Once inside, what smell smell?

During my happy days (hmm) when I was living in Kangaroo Country, I love their fresh produce. OMG foods are heaven, magnifique (cakap omputes kena ala french baru cool), unbeatable, but that does not mean I do not appreciate what I have here back home. It is just that I was happier because food is my everything. And that is also why I miss COLES, ALDI & WOOLWORTH (*like carrefour, giant and tesco la kat sini) so much. Everything is so cheap, yet so tasty & delicious. So, please do not believe the notion that cheap stuffs are of lesser quality or in my case less tasty.

Well, my friends if you happen to visit down under, please and please do not miss the chance to pay a trip to all these stores. Not only you get the experience of touring the stores (which I always do) but you could save some meal/food budgets during travel because they have a lot of amazing and fabs microwavable foodstuffs and what I love most is they have many halal labels. Crazy best, right? (translated as giler syok, kan?)

At home (where it is so aman these days..hmm), we have quite few brands for tuna like Ayam brand and TC Boy. But I prefer Ayam brand. Before, it just cost 3-4 hengget. Now already jumped to RM5+. Imagine if TPPA settles in. Weii..don't take it the wrong way, I have nothing against it, but we got to study all pros and cons and make sure we profit and benefit. Do not work in haste, nothing goes smooth in haste. I know cos I am a hasty-type of person and nothing good ever comes out of it. So, are we cool?

Melesia Mari*
(*This is obviously unpaid campaign for Ayam Brand)
Aussie Mari
INGREDIENTS


  • Whole-wheat or white bread or croissants (whatever you like)
  • canola or olive spread or butter (mana-mana ada dalam esbok)
  • Tuna in cans (ada mayo, pedas dsbgnye)
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (jika suke)
  • 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise & chill sauce
  • Some cheese (use whatever type you like)
  • 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice (not necessary to have)
  • tomatos, salad, cucumber (up to you, you like what you like)

PREPARATION


  1. Preheat grill/oven/sandwich maker.
  2. Lightly brush bread slices with spread. Add tuna in and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.  
  3. Arrange the salad on your bread, combine mayo, lemon zest, lemon juice and chilli sauce and then spread on your bread as much as you like. Then add some cheese.
  4. Now, go put on your grill or sandwich maker. In a minute, it is ready to be ngapped!
Never did this style, why don't you try.
My kind of sandwich 
This looks amazing
*all pictures obtained from google images.

TIPS

See, I like to cook but I do not like preparing the ingredients. But I have a sister, who is small (cos I'm plump so I'm stating this point as FYI) and sweet and pretty and she helps me in the kitchen a lot. When she prepares, she does it like a pro, so neat and beautiful. Everything is cut nicely like you are having a contest. Sometimes it annoys me because I do not like to wait and this cutting stuffs is taking sometime to finish. However, let me tell you this, it is worth the wait. Who would have thought that sandwiches with good cutting and arrangement taste better? Thats why I tell ya when you have sandwich at your 5-Star hotels, breakfast ala Diva, it taste so d*** good!

Hey, enjoy your sandwich. Tell me how do you find the recipe.

Taman impian putra, 12.15pm

No comments:

Post a Comment