Friday 16 August 2013

Business Is Not My Forte

“My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people's.” ― Oscar Wilde


Let us begin with the 'flash backward'. When I was small, I lived in Kampung in Kota Bharu (yess kampung but in KB), mom rajin plant vegetables for our own consumption and sometimes sell to neighbors. I was always the sweet girl who followed mom and went around houses to sell whatever vegetables mom plucked that day. Years later, I entered Uni and the notion that business is not something easy to get yourself into and with many business failures lying around, I started to see that working with the government is the best choice one could have. Secured, stable, no failure. 

I am now an employee with a secured job, a nice little saving, able to travel once in a while, can afford doubletree by hilton with 50% discount (since I have friend No #4 who is a member) and travel by Airasia because Now Everyone Can Fly. But off late, I have been contemplating. 


Nak niago mende ni! 
(image courtesy google)
See, Islam encourages us to get involved in business activities. There are few ayah and hadith mentioned about this.  In fact, business is considered as the highest source of income.  Rasulullah SAW said in one of the hadiths, (translated in bahasa“9/10 rezeki itu adalah datang daripada perniagaan.” (Hadith Al Tirmizi).

I am now considering going back to my roots (chewahh!). During my last trip to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, I found a lot of business opportunities there and I even bought extra stuffs for sale later to potential customers. I also met a supplier by the name Dany who brought me and my 2 friends to visit their factory or maybe I should say their rumah kedai. Masha'allah, dan dan I feel like this is what I want to do. Be a businesswoman, but hashtag a muslim kind of business person insha'allah.

However, I know I do not have the skills and the experience, and since my blogging days has restarted, lucky me I just found out about this Konvensyen Usahawan Muslim 2013. If you are like me and having the same thoughts as I am and been contemplating long enough, why don't you just get on with it. 


Here is the link www.KonvensyenUsahawanMuslim.com . Get further info from the website and make yourself drive you there. 

Register yourself here – Pendaftaran Konvensyen Usahawan Muslim

Here is the campaign ads;


All smiling faces. Sweet but meant business.

Hey, bussiness persons to-be, 

Promise me we will see each other there? If you happen to bump into a sweet sensational not-so young lady in yellow baju kurung made in Vietnam suited with a cream double tone scarf carrying a Oroton handbag, yes that is me (and yes I already know what to wear. so, sue me!)

Till we meet there!

6 comments:

  1. Very Nice entry Zura! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. Just started blogging after a long break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Miss Nor,

    Assalam..
    Tahniah berjaya jadi peserta ke 100.. :-)

    Ikhlas,

    AMIN JOHAR
    (Jurutera SEO Malaysia)
    PAKAR NIAGA

    ReplyDelete
  4. TQ Mr Amin Johar. Looking forward to attend your event soon !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tahniah. Penutup segala peserta. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TQ Mr Halif. Baru tau saya penutup.

    ReplyDelete