Thursday 3 January 2013

Coping With Stress In Your Own Cute Ways

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled.  For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers." - unknown


Something funny happened yesterday. 

Overcoming stress was never my greatest strength. Enough said, it is no longer a mystery now why I have a high blood pressure. Some people are just so good dealing with stress (I define them as established stress-copers) and can be very calm and at ease as if they are just having a bad hair day. Me, I just have to be so dramatic about it and my stress day usually ends up with lots and lots of vomit, cramps, back pains and gassy stomach. Now tell me who can beat that?

Enough about that. Stress talking makes me more stressful and gassy! (mode:worried-running out of minyak angin mustika already).

I thought I can multitask. I even dare to brag to some people that I am good at multitasking. Because of my good multitasking skills, I thought I was an established stress-coper as well. Little that I know, I am not any of the above. Well, yesterday, as I was driving to school, my mind kept going back to the notes/slides that I read and trying so hard to memorize some of these Acts, Sections and Statutory stuffs. It was really so painful to my brain. Back to the story, as I was reaching the toll-gate, I took the Touch N Go and raised it to the toll-screen to pass. Well, well, guess what? The gate was not lifted. I was so confused I panicked because there were few cars behind. To make matter worse, there was no one at the toll-booth to consult. Not only I had enough to worry with the exam and now this had to happen of all times?? Allah Maha Besar, He made me realized that I have two good eyes to look at my hand and at what I was holding. Nope, not a Touch and Go but a 6-month old Samsung Galaxy SIII. Wasn't that funny? Didn't know that a phone could replace a Touch N Go these days. Guess, I must be getting slow with technology.

Now we can establish that I am not a good stress-coper. But as a multi-tasker I am yet to be proven.

What I'm getting at is, some people are just lucky because they do not have these after-effects of stress or the pre and post stress. But I do. Apart from the Toll-Gate story, I have had quite few others, of which, quite few occurred when I was driving. It must be true then what people said that we do most of our very own serious thinking while driving. Many times I realised that I have the tendency to speak to my own self aka cakap sorang-sorang and ask myself questions, by speaking I mean 'speak' with 'sound' like "jenab, please la dun la fall in love with that guy, he's a player la".

Another occurrence was few months back when I just had a midterm paper, which I knew I did so bad. I drove home feeling unhappy and miserable. Now, please be informed everyone that I did not end up at home but I took extra long miles and reached Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Totally missed the exit to BSP (where home is) and happily drove to KLIA. What a hopeless loser!

I guess stress poses a challenge and sometimes a threat to our well-being. Sometimes it can be good because it gets us going. Furthermore, without any stress at all, our lives would be boring and would probably feel pointless. Don't you agree? However, please be on your guard when dealing with the stresses because sometimes they can undermine both our mental and physical health. This is when stress is bad.



Do you know that back pain is a very common complaint among adults. One research in the USA found that 80% of all Americans will have low back pain at least once in their lives. In fact, back pain is a common reason for absence from work, or visiting the doctor's. But do not to0 worry, although back pain may be painful and uncomfortable, it is not usually serious. Even though back pain can affect people of any age, it is significantly more common among adults aged between 35 and 55 years. Are we in that age category already?? Well, though it sucks but I am embracing it, loving every minute of this blissful life Allah has given me. Alhamdulillah.

1.42PM-ImpianPutra





2 comments:

  1. yuni la akak :)3 Jan 2013, 15:01:00

    heheheh your ways of handling stress are too cute + funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know that I had this cuteness thingy in me! hahah.

    ReplyDelete